Saturday, February 4, 2012

Ramblings

Out of all the times during the publishing process for my book, it's finally dawning on me now that my dream of becoming a published author will be coming true; and to make it even feel more unbelievable, I'll only be 20-years-old. So if this takes off and will be the next Percy Jackson, I could be settled for life(well I hope that will happen anyways).

From as long as I could remember, I've always been into mythology whether it's Greek, Egyptain etc, it has always fascinated me. And when you love it and want to become an author, it just opens so many doors on what you could create. Like "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" for example. It has so much originality to it! As you can see I'm a BIG Percy Jackson fan and I'm totally obsessed with it. Rick Riordan is my hero, the person who made me realize that I wanted to become a writer. I even thanked him in the acknowledgements. Yeah, that's right. So if he ever read "The Last of the Demigods: The Missing Symbols" and said it was amazing? I think I would die from shock.

But I certainly write more then just mythology though I have a lot of fun with it. It's my comfort zone if you will. I love fiction whether it's mystery, sci-fi etc. I don't do much reality fiction though because it was always too boring for me; I always had to put some kind of twist on it. In my writing, it's humorous and mysterious, enough to keep you turning the pages. I love shockers and backstabbers, things that keep books come alive and have you say, "Whaaaat?!" *laughs* I also love writing in 1st person, like this post for example. I find it more enjoyable and the reader feels closer to the protagonist. But I have experimented and I don't mind writing in 3rd person. My friend Jessica though LOVES it. We even wrote "The Missing Symbols" in 3rd person. But I think as a solo author after this, I'll mostly write in 1st.

Now besides "The Last of the Demigods" that I wrote with Jessica Willis(my best friend), I do have other writings that I'm working on to keep me busy. Like for example I have this novel in progress called "Egyptain Blood" where a New Yorker kid gets kidnapped from an evil Ancient Egytpain ruler and is sent back int the Ancient times. That's all I'm giving away for now but so far that is the only really book that I've gotten the farthest on. My good friend Zach read all of it so far and he absolutely loves it.

I'm Aquarious and our kind always has more fun when we got stuff to do and due to writer's block, I haven't worked on "Egytpain Blood" since September but I have come up with so many ideas it got to the point where I couldn't keep track on what to work on.

I miss that feeling though. I miss knowing that when I'd stop working on one book, I'd have another. I don't know if I have ADD or ADHD but sometimes I can't stand working on something for too long. I think maybe that's why I come up with so many ideas so I could always go to something else. But I don't care. I love how I am. I love my big awesome brain. I'm so creative and I love how easily inspired I can be. It also helps thinking that famous series such as Percy Jackson or Harry Potter all started out small, just from one simple idea. If you're a writer and always keep that on mind, it's just enough to kick you in gear to create something amazing.

So whoever reads this post PLEASE purchase, "The Last of the Demigods: The Missing Symbols". It is truly amazing with original characters and more. We don't have the release date yet but don't worry. When Jessica and I find out, I'll let you guys no ASAP!!! I have a pretty good idea though that it will most likely be out sometime this month. To know more about the book and see my art, go to my DeviantART page:

/http://perjacksonlover4ever.deviantart.com/

So until my next post, I'll be training at Camp Half-Blood!

PS: No wait. Scratch that. I'll be at Hogwarts.

PPS: uhhh..nevermind. Damn it....now I can't decide! Ugh!




No comments:

Post a Comment