Sunday, February 19, 2012

"The Missing Symbols": NOW AVAILABLE!

The title is pretty much self explanatory. "The Last of the Demigods: The Missing Symbols"(book 1) is now available to be purchased online either at http://www.amazon.com/ or http://www.barnesandnoble.com/. I don't know why but for right now the book is only able to be purchased online. Hopefully that will only be temporary.

 I still dream that maybe one day this novel that I worked on for about three years with my best friend Jessica will take off and become as popular as 'Percy Jackson'. He inspired me you know. Rick Riordan is the very person that inspired me to realize that I was born to be a writer. I even thanked him in the acknowledgents for he started this whole journey for me. His voice called out to me, saying that this is what I was made to do.

"The Missing Symbols" first started out as a fanfiction for 'Percy Jackson'. But soon after I began writing it, I realized how great it was next thing I knew, I was working on my own novel. And I was only...16 I believe. Or 17. Ugh I can't remember. Anywho, after months of planning and writing, it still wasn't original enough. You don't want to know how many times I've re-written and re-plotted this baby. It was hard too. Too hard for something to do on my own. And that's when I called out for help from my best friend and now coauthor, Jessica Willis. She's the best! She's a true writer at heart just like me. It's our passion. Just like a musician's to play guitar or an artist to paint...it's what we were destined to do.

So no matter what people say, if you have a dream, follow your heart. Celebrities were once normal people just like you and me, having a dream to become and actor or singer. You just need to work at it and not give up.

Till next time...:)

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed that post! I totally agree too! I can't wait to finish my book and get it published. I'll probably finish my novella first though! But then I'll work on my book!

    ReplyDelete